I received a wonderful surprise a few days ago: Free2bake nominated me for the Liebster award!
Free2bake has it much worse off than me: her son is severely allergic to many foods, and her blog is devoted to how to live with the risk of anaphylactic shock by cooking allergen free. Please check out her blog for fantastic tips, recipes, and resources.
When nominated for the Liebster award, you should display the logo on a blog post or the side bar, link back to the blogger nominating you, answer the ten questions set for you by the nominator, nominate 10 other up-and-coming bloggers with fewer than 1000 followers, and give the 10 nominees 10 new questions. So it’s like a chain letter, really, except it allows you to help others’ blogs get noticed as, hopefully, those reading my list of nominees will check their blogs out.
The 10 questions set for me are as follows:
- Why did you start blogging? After becoming unable to digest dairy, I searched everywhere for information and ways to still enjoy food, but I found little of a useful nature to me. What I found was mainly recipes, not how to dedairyfy recipes from any given recipe book. I like to cook from scratch and to cook good food, but I don’t want to be limited to the one or two dairy free cookbooks on the market. I figured there were others in my situation and hoped to start a conversation with people in a similar situation through my blog
- What motivates you to continue blogging? If, through my blog, I can help just one person avoid cooking and baking pitfalls I have done through trial and error, I will have done my job well. I love to be able to think that others can enjoy special dishes previously denied to them through my work.
- Have you had a special blog-moment – please share? When companies or people retweet my blog recipes my heart stops for a few seconds.
- What’s your fav drink? Mai Tai, hands down!
- How do you manage stress in your world? Through taking a time out doing something I enjoy, be it painting, blogging, cooking, or baking.
- Do you have other creative outlets in your life – please share? I used to knit a lot, but after chemotherapy, my brain just doesn’t let me do it anymore. I now paint, whenever I have time, but I’m afraid it doesn’t happen too often.
- If you could go anywhere on earth where would it be? I live in paradise here in Hawaii and rarely want to leave it, but I would love to visit Australia again as I love the people there, as well as Norway to see relatives.
- What would you do there? In Australia I would try local culinary specialties and just talk with people. In Norway, I would visit with relatives and spend a day out in the Oslo fjord (but only in the summer).
- What super-power would you like? I would like extreme patience as my super power.
- What’s your secret super power in real life? I can rummage through an almost empty fridge and pantry and still serve delicious food from what I find.
I’ve Got Cake for a refreshing mix of fashion and food
NoMoo Box for an inspiring idea of presenting dairy allergy sufferers with information on how to live with it
What? No Milk? for great resources and ideas on living well without dairy, grains, or white sugar
The Dairy Free Digest for great recipes, food suggestions, and everyday life
Sweet with no added sugar for suggestions on cutting out sugar
Emerging Adult Eats for unique recipes very different from my way of cooking
Cooking reaction for dairy free and gluten free recipes
Perusing my musings for fun and (so far) mostly chocolaty recipes
Joanneleason for cooking and baking tips and interesting recipes
2women2cats for great Finnish cooking and lifestyle
My questions for the nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What motivates you to continue blogging?
- How do you carve out time to write?
- What is your blogging goal?
- If you could sell everything you owned and just move somewhere, where would you go?
- What are three things on your bucket list?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- If you won $1000, what would you do?
- What is your perfect night out like?
- What is your perfect night in like?